I’m a 20-something woman in NYC looking to change/start a career. My work history is retail and cooking in restaurants. I’m an ENFP. I’m interested in an office job so that I have more opportunities for success. So far, I’m interested in office manager job descriptions (which is the closest thing to entry level I’ve seen). Is there something more entry level than that that I can try applying for? Do you have advice for how to get an entry level job in an office? I feel even though I don’t have experience in an office, my cooking and retail skills do translate. And since I’m a 90s kid, I’m perfectly tech literate. How can I best convey that on my resume/cover letter and in an interview?
- Yahoo kills telecommuting. Three cheers for Marissa Mayer!
- What life would look if we said no to work-life balance (and a nod to Amazon, of course)
- Book excerpt: Methods for controlling the hours you work
- Asperger syndrome in the office: How I deal with sensory integration dysfunction
- Make your work more meaningful
Ask a Question
Send an email to me with a question you have. I'll answer as many as I can.
Subscribe to Mailbag